Cottage of Education and Training
Everyone should have the opportunity to obtain their desired training and education.
Statistics about the need for continuing education and training:
- In 2005 Ogden school district had more than twice the number of students with special needs compared to the state average, specifically 66.8% of economically disadvantaged families as opposed to32% for the state.
- Although graduation rates have risen slightly in the last five years, Utah has dropped from 13th to 31st in the nation for high school graduates going on to higher education. Despite ranking 4th in the country for population growth from 1990-2000, enrollment into higher education has not seen a corresponding spike.
- Ogden has seen a drastic change in its demographic over the past ten years to go along with the increase in population. In 2005 the American Community Survey showed 71.0% of individuals 18-24 years old, living in Ogden, had a high school diploma or equivalent, and 24.9% are currently enrolled in college.
The Cottage of Education and Training is dedicated to assisting individuals on the path to prosperity by helping them obtain the training and education they will need to achieve their employment and financial goals.
ESL and GED
- In partnership with the Ogden City & Weber School Districts we will refer our clients needing their ESL or High School Completion (GED).
University and Technical Training
- In partnership with Ogden/Weber Applied Technology College (OWATC) and Weber State University (WSU) we will assist in the application processes and, together with the Department of Workforce Services, help each individual acquire available public funding.
Small Business Development
- By identifying, during the assessment process, potential opportunities for utilizing existing skills and aptitudes, we will assist individuals in understanding what it will take to start and maintain their own small business. In conjunction with our Professional Development program these individuals will learn necessary professional and people skills that will facilitate growing their business.