Cottage of Workforce Development
Opportunities and the tools needed to progress professionally should be readily available for all and supported throughout the entire process of change.
Statistics about the workforce development needs in Ogden:
- Current Unemployment Rate. Families are still struggling to find work and are often relying on multiple sources of temporary employment to survive. However, there are still skilled positions going on unfilled. We work with individuals to improve their job readiness, skills, and awareness of the jobs that are in demand.
- Weber County employers are continuing to struggle to find reliable individuals to help make their business thrive. Soft skills like work ethic, showing up to work on time, being a team player, possessing interpersonal communication skills, and dressing for success are crucial for long-term career success. We work with job seekers to develop these traits, and to highlight them on their resumes and in interviews.
- 42,000 single moms live along the wasatch front. 75% of them live below self-sufficiency. Half of those (38%) live below poverty. Certainly stable employment is the key to stablizing these vulnerable households.
- Cottages of Hope offers jobseekers free computer and internet access to create resumes, search for open positions, complete on-applications, and to communicate with potential employers. In our computer lab, which we call the “Prosperity Center” clients also have access to one-on-one assistance from our staff.
- One-on-one career counseling is also available, where we focus on addressing barriers to stable employment, reviewing resume and interview strategies, and counseling them on career plan development.
- In August of 2012, Cottages of Hope is excited about hosting an employment program out of Salt Lake called, “People Helping People” that focuses primarily on helping women find stable employment. This program has been helping women find stable employment for over 19 years and now provides career workshops, professional mentoring, and employer engagement opportunities to its clients here in Weber County. To find out more about this program click here.